Spread the love
Library Important Fact Set 15
- DRDC is the first centre to use computer in the library and information activities in India
- E.C.Richardson defined notation as short and sign.
- E-Documents its means in electronic form such as Cassettes, CD-ROMs, etc.
- EDWEB is Networking, resource sharing, collaboration, and professional development for The education community.
- Electronic telecommunications system joining millions of computers together in Internet
- Encyclopedia Americana consists of 30 volums.
- Entireweb.com is a search engine that finds what your looking for on the web, and returns relevant Web sites.
- Facets relating to INFLIBNET, CALIBER, PLANNER, UGC-INFONET, SOUL(stands for Software for University Libraries).
- First component of an ISBN number 1st EAN (European Article Number) is similar to a UPC Number, 2nd Group Identification, 3rd Publisher,4th Title Identifier 5th Check Digit
- Folksonomy means Free Classification of Information, in web 2.0 . Folksonomy is Collaborative knowledge organisation system.Term introduced by Thomas Vander Wal.
- Following is a network protocol are HTTP, SMTP, TCP/IP
- Following is are a social bookmarking site are Diggt, Delicious, Facebook, Orkut, Lislinks.
- Following technologies semantic web are RDF, Ontologies, URI
- Francis Bacon said ‘some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested’.
- Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records (FRBR) is a conceptual entity- relationship model developed by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) that relates user tasks of retrieval and access in online library catalogues and bibliographic databases from a user’s perspective. It represents a more holistic approach to retrieval and access as the relationships between the entities provide links to navigate through the hierarchy of relationships. The model is significant because it is separate from specific cataloguing standards such as AACR2 or International Standard Bibliographic Description (ISBD). Four entity of FRBR model are Work, Expression, Manifestation, Item. The FRBR Final Report was first published in print in 1998 by K.G. Saur as volume 19 of UBCIM publications.