Kvs question paper 2018 English
1. In the following question, the given sentence has been divided in 3 parts. Black the part that has an error. If there is no error, select option no error.
She underwent surgery/ on the removal/ ok cataract in her left eye./ no error
a) ok cataract in her left eye
b)She underwent surgery
c)On the removal
2. Choose the most appropriate option to fill in the blanks.
This winter they are planning______ today in Cambodia.
c)No word required
3. In the following question, the given sentence has been divided in 3 parts. Black the part that has an error. If there is no error, select option no error.
Did you saw/ the hockey match/ last night?/ no error
a)Did you saw+
b)the hockey match
4.Complete the sentence with the correct word/phrase
You don’t have to come to see my mother________ you want to.
5. Read the sentence with the appropriate article.
We were driving through heavy rain when one of______ windscreen wipers stop working.
6. Complete the sentence with the correct word/phrase.
The questionnair_______ why most of the participants before the workshop began.
Has been completed
Had been completed+
7. Complete the sentence with the correct word/ phrase.
Despite the good advice their parents gave them, the two brothers______ college.
8.. In the following question, the given sentence has been divided in 3 parts. Black the part that has an error. If there is no error, select option no error.
All fear forgotten/ when the children saw the toys/ in a corner of the clinic./ no error.
9.select the word with the wrong spelling.
10. Complete the sentence with the appropriate option.
Ratan manage to work despite the_____ of his computer.
11. Correct antonym from the given word.
12. Complete the sentence with the correct word/ phrase.
Computer user in my office were warned_______ a new virus.
13. Complete the sentence with the appropriate option.
The vet recognised the bird_____ injuries he had healed.
14. Choose the correct synonym of the underlined word.
At these sessions, no idea is to preposterous to be thrown on the table.
15. Find the most appropriate word that can substitute of the following phrase.
Falling of observe the limits of what is permitted or acceptable.
16. Select the wrongly spelt word.
Read the passage and answer the question below.
On a mid September day, british climbers Rachel Kelsey and Jeremy Colenso where climbing in the Swiss Alps. They were both experienced climber and when they started, the weather was good. They didn’t the Summit but as they started the climb down, an electric from struck the mountain.
Snow began to fall, making it difficult to see what they could hand and feet on the rock. After several frightening minutes, they found a narrow ledge and climbed on to it, hoping the snow would stop and they could climb down.
The snow did not stop and the temperature dropped to -5 °C. They decided that they had to get help. Rachel
had brought her mobile phone with her. She was unable to contact the mountain rescue service on her
mobile phone and the only contact number she had were in London. She sent a text message at 1.30 am to five friends in the UK. It read: ‘Need heli rescue off north ridge of Piz Badile, Switz’. They were all asleep.
At 5.00 am Avery Cunliffe got the message. He jumped into action and immediately contacted the rescue services in Geneva. He texted Rachel back saying: I’m on the case. Even then, rescue was impossible because of the treacherous weather and the mountain rescue team had to send a text message to Miss de Kelsey telling her she would have to spend a second night on the mountain. They could reach the stranded couple only at 8.15 am the next day. At about 1.00 pm they were lifted off the mountains in helicopters.
17. How long did Rachel and Jeremy spend on the Narrow ledge?
More than 36 hours+
Around 12 hours
About 36 hours
Almost 24 hours
18. What did Rachel do as she was sitting on the ledge?
Send text message to friend in Switzerland.
See send text message to Jeremy Colenso.
See send text message to friend in the UK. –
See send text message to the mountain Rescue Team.
19. Rachel and Jeremy could not climb down because.
They could not see properly in the snowfall.+
It was very cold.
They had forgotten the route.
The mountain was very slippery.
20.What did Cunliffe mean by ” I am on the case”
I am getting lawyers.
I am coming to meet you.
I am doing what needs to be done. –
I cannot help you.